Sunday, June 14, 2009

Date Night - Comedy Club

For the first time in what seems like ages the wife and I were able to get out for a bit of fun this past Saturday. As it happens it's usually quite a tad on the short notice side of things, but hey when you get the opportunity most the time you have to sort of take advantage of it. Well, we had to make a delivery up to Tallahassee to drop of some of the tables from closing the shop down. (This is a good thing, cleans up the garage that much more getting me just a nudge closer to being able to set my pool table back up) After that we drove around for a few min.. mainly killing time to meet some friends for dinner. During this time our plan was to check out the Comedy Club in Tallahassee. I've been wanting to go there ever since I noticed the small little building when we drive around town up there. Finally, go our chance. Being somewhat thoughtful I figured hey why don't I just stop in while we are up this way and buy the tickets. It was about 5:30pm.. The show started at 8pm and we were going to be eating at Logan's right around the corner. All went smooth the tickets were about $12 a piece, not bad considering it would cost more to see a movie and this was going to be much funnier lol.. This was only my 3 time going to a comedy club, and later I found out that they "assign" your seats based on when you purchase tickets. This put us right under the microphone. Seriously, we were so close that if I laughed it was broadcast over the whole room.. Anyway, It was a really good time. Some highlights were:
  • The feature comic looked down at me and told me I had "Soap Opera" hair. I was like dang, I'm glad I got that hair cut last week!
  • Next he asked my name, not wanting to sound professional I used my nick name and replied with Bobby, his reply was "What are you 5? I'll just call ya Big Mike"
There were quite a few things that happened, but I must say I completely enjoyed it. The comics were quite funny, and you can never go wrong with a night of laughter. It was a fantastic evening with the wife and some friends that I know will be talking about for years to come. I love making memories like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment